The Heytesbury Group, which comprises the operations of Heytesbury Cattle Company Pty Ltd, Vasse Felix Pty Ltd, Heytesbury Thoroughbreds Pty Ltd and the corporate head office, being Heytesbury Pty Ltd, respects the privacy of your personal information in our care. Personal information means information which identifies you as an individual or from which your identity can be reasonably ascertained.
What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our specific business functions and activities. When we collect and hold personal information, it may be of the following kinds:
- your personal details such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, age and gender;
- your customer reference number, wine club number and any rewards and redemption details applicable to your membership of our wine club;
- what, how and when you buy from us or have expressed interest in buying from us and your stated or likely preferences, for example whether you may be interested in particular products or promotions.
Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, we may collect and hold other types of personal information. For example, information collected and held via our secure financial systems about the debit or credit card you might use for your purchases from us.
You generally have the option of not identifying yourself or of using a pseudonym when dealing with us but not where this is impractical (for example when you shop online with us) or where the law or a court order provides otherwise.
HOW DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION?
When we collect personal information about you, we do so by making a record of it. We do this when:
- you register with us, to become a member of our wine club or to send you information;
- you communicate with us online;
- you take part in our promotions, competitions, testimonials, surveys and focus groups;
- you deal with us in other ways involving a need for personal information to be provided, such as contacting one of our offices.
When you visit our websites, social media pages or mobile applications or click on our advertisements on the online media of other companies, we may collect information about you using technology which is not apparent to you, for example "cookies". A cookie is a text file placed into the memory of your computer by our computers. A copy of this text file is sent by your computer whenever it communicates with vassefelix.com.au.
Personal information we hold is generally stored in computer systems. These may be operated by us or by our service providers. In all cases, we have rigorous security requirements aimed at eliminating risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information.
WHY DO WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
When we collect, hold and use your personal information, we do so primarily to sell and promote our goods and services to you and to improve on the range of our offerings. For example:
- to learn of your likely preferences so that we may promote our goods and services to you in a way which may be of most interest to you; and
- to assist in investigating your complaints and enquiries.
We disclose personal information we collect for purposes which are incidental to the sale and promotion of our goods and services to you. For example, we may disclose your personal information within our group or to service providers who assist us in our day-to-day business operations.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law.
When marketing to you, your personal information is only ever used or disclosed for the Heytesbury Group’s own purposes. You may opt out of our direct marketing to you. Our direct marketing materials will tell you how to do this.
We may de-identify your personal information. We may do this for use and disclosure of the anonymous data to determine preferences and shopping patterns.
HOW CAN YOU ENQUIRE ABOUT, ACCESS OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
PO Box 7255
CLOISTERS SQUARE WA 6850
If you need to correct your personal information, please contact our Company Secretary at one of the above contact points.
HOW CAN YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you wish to complain about a breach of the privacy rules that bind us, you may contact our Company Secretary at one of the above contact points. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing and may discuss it with our personnel and our service providers and others as appropriate.
Our Company Secretary will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way. Our Company Secretary will inform you in writing about the outcome of the investigation. If our Company Secretary does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and no other complaint resolution procedures are agreed or required by law, our Company Secretary will inform you that your complaint may be referred to the Privacy Commissioner for further investigation and will provide you with the Commissioner's contact details.
OUR SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS
It is our policy to require all of our overseas sharing of personal information to be done in a way which requires observance of strict privacy and security standards, both during transit and at the overseas destination.
We may allow your personal information to be shared with those who are in countries other than your own location. We do this:
- where we have made a business decision to store our data with a trusted service provider who is in the business of providing data storage and processing services. Examples are those who store and process our email and mobile application data. These services commonly involve diverse geographic locations which change from time to time for reasons which include data protection and processing efficiency. Where these services are used by us, it is not practical for us to notify you of which country your personal information may be located in; and
- when our business which collected your personal information is in a different country to your location.
Last update of this policy: May 2014
ALWAYS CHECK INFORMATION
Information at this site is continually being updated and so may not be accurate, current or complete and is subject to change without notice. Information on this site should never be relied on as the basis for doing or failing to do something.
BEWARE OF SECURITY RISKS
Transmissions to and from this site may be intercepted and modified by third parties. Files obtained from or through this site may contain computer viruses or other defects.
Trademarks used on this site to describe companies and their products are trademarks of those companies or the registered proprietor of the relevant trademark and may not be copied, downloaded, reproduced, modified, or distributed in any way (except as an integral part of an authorized copy of material appearing at this site) without prior written permission.
No warranty or guarantee of a cure is expressed or implied with any information at this site. Vasse Felix does not make any representations regarding the use or the results obtained with the information. In no event shall Vasse Felix, its employees or associates be liable to any person or individual for any loss or damage whatsoever which may arise from the use of this site or any of the information available at this site. Vasse Felix does not take any responsibility for the information contained in this site and any advice is to be used at your own discretion.